DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The organisation is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The organisation complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
i) Arranging viewings, making offers, agreeing sales, arranging Surveyors, Solicitors, Energy Performance Certificate Providers, Photographers, Financial Services, property marketing, newsletters and blogs
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
i) Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can provide the service: provide marketing information, arrange appointments, make offers, agree sales, offer financial services and legal services.
ii) Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the organisation to carry out our service obligations. We will only share your data with third parties with your specific consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the GDPR
Specifically, we retain Financial Data for 7 years to comply with HMRC, Proofs of Identity and Address for 5 years to comply with Anti-Money Laundering Regulations and all written correspondence, file notes, contracts and agreements of all transactions for a period of 6 years to comply with The Property Ombudsman Service.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the organisation holds about you;
• The right to request that the organisation corrects any personal data, if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the organisation to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact:
Carol Bryson MNAEA, Proprietor, JP Harll Estate Agents, 24 Finkle Street, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 4DS Tel. 01757 709955 or email email@example.com
Get in touch
Call us on 01757 709955 or send us a message...